Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The Wisdom of Focusing on God

Ephesians 5:15-17
“See that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is”. (NKJV)

“So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most out of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do” (NLT)

This world is full of distractions that all are trying to shake your walk with God. It is so easy to “live like fools” because that is what everyone in the flesh is doing, but we are instructed not to. We have to “be careful how (we) live”. We need to make sure that we don’t let the distractions in this world cause us to wander off of God’s path for us.
We have so many tools to proclaim the gospel. We can now not only preach and print out books, but we can use video, music and social media to proclaim His message. These “tools” we can use to spread the Word of God anywhere with the click of a button, but these tools can also do us harm if we aren’t careful. As tools can help, so they can also weigh down and cause more bad than good. So we need to make sure that, as we use these tools, we stay focused on God.
For me personally, I love music; I listen to it wherever I go. Music can make gloom become light and make sadness become happy. For the first 2 weeks of the Ignite Program I was not allowed to have any technology and wasn’t allowed to listen to any music. Our goal as Christians is to “understand what the Lord wants (us) to do” and then do it. I found that in the time I didn’t have music God spoke to me more than He has, I daresay, all my life. It takes no expert to see the correlation; the more music, the less I hear from God.

I am going to apply what I have learned by only listening to music before my devotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment