Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Being Content Every Hour

Psalm 17:15
“As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness” (NKJV)

I’ll be honest, when I wake up in the morning I don’t feel satisfied. I am a night person and around 10 pm is my prime time. I usually eat dinner and seek the Lord at that time and am satisfied then. I am satisfied in the Lord because I know that He is my God that I am depending on, but I am only depending on Him after lunch. I wake up with a morning fog that lasts up till lunch and before then I am just wandering around clueless. I do my morning routine, but I don’t think about any of it; for it is just done out of habit. We all need to depend on God all the time. We should all need God every waking hour of the day. I think that if God asked me why I didn’t fully depend on Him, morning fog would be a very lame excuse.
If I know that I need to wake up content in Him, then why can’t I get myself to? When my alarm goes off, I wake up in a groan. I am not satisfied because I want to sleep more. I have tried to get up with a smile on my face, but I can only keep up the act for a couple of weeks before I give it up. I now realize that God doesn’t ask us to always be satisfied, He asks us to walk in the ways of the righteous and strive for Him. I have it all backwards. Instead of striving to be satisfied, I need to strive for Him. The less of me and the more of God in my life, the more content I will be; for God is our contentment and only with Him are we truly satisfied.

I am going to strive to become satisfied by reading 10 passages on how God is all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment