Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Revelation 1:9
 “I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ” (NKJV)

“I, John, am your brother and your partner in suffering and in God’s Kingdom and in the patient endurance to which Jesus calls us. I was exiled to the island of Patmos for preaching the word of God and for my testimony about Jesus” (NLT)

We all know that we are called to be witnesses and ambassadors of Christ, but how far are we willing to take it? John was willing to share the Gospel no matter what the punishment is; are we? When I think of the role of being a Christian, I think about how we should be spreading God’s Massage of hope through how we live. Put simply, I think the role of a Christian is reflecting Jesus to others. If we fulfill this role as a Christian, then we are living Christ out and are a light in the world. Now we all should desire and strive for truly being Christ’s disciples. When I look at John preaching the Gospel no matter what the threats are and no matter what the punishment is, but then I realized something. Yes John had courageous faith, but it wasn’t his faith; it was Christ’s image being reflected by him. Jesus doesn’t want us to have faith in Him or even believe in Him, what He wants is for us to know Him and reflect His image so others can see and know Him also.
When we reflect His image and are basking in Him, than only intentional rebellion can stop the reflecting of Him. John remained faithful and was punished, but he knew it was worth basking in God’s light. As we go through suffering, it is easy to put over a veil and pretend we are still lit up with God but we need to stay faithful. Honesty and others are the best ways to stay faithful in Christ. John states that he is their “brother and (their) partner in suffering”. When we come together to help one another and are honest with each other, then our foundation won’t ever crumble.

I am going to apply what I have learned by asking my leader what the best qualities someone should have to reflect God’s light.

No comments:

Post a Comment