Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Having the Right Faith

Hebrews 6:12
“that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience will inherit promises” (NKJV)

Do you remember how you felt when you first became a Christian? Out of all honesty, I don’t remember because I was very young; but I do remember multiple times seeing people who first accept God. Everyone who truly accepts God into their hearts have felt convicted by God and have chosen to give their worries, troubles and future to God. When we see their conviction, we are all awestruck by God’s power and light that is radiating off of the new believers.
Many times I have been convicted or used by God and have felt His love in my heart. I feel this passion to further His Kingdom and all I want to do is glorify Him. After these moments, though, I go back to my daily routine and don’t do anything about it. I feel like us Christians, after we feel empowered by the Spirit, either get distracted and go back to our daily habits or drag our feet and become “sluggish”. Many times I feel like a puppy dog in faith. I am filled with God’s joy, am passionate for sharing God’s love, sees the good in people and wants to serve, but get distracted by the “shiny penny”. Other times I feel like a dog who doesn’t want to go on a walk; I obey, but I drag my feet and only do it because I am pulled along. We should neither be a puppy dog, nor a reluctant dog in faith. We need to be the one who will do whatever He asks or even looks at, without questioning or being reluctant.

To become more obedient for God, I am going to seek His face and see where His gaze is at, and I am going to write that down and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment