Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Meeting Them at Where They're

1 Corinthians 9:22
 “to the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some” (NKJV)
We need to all be on a mission to save. In this world “all is vanity” (Ecclesiastes 1:14) and we know this, but do we live like this? Many of us Christians believe in Christian Capitalism (Christianity in the sense that we all go to church and sustain a family, but that is all we do in our faith) rather than Christian Mission. When I think of living on mission for Christ, I think of Paul the author of Corinthians as well as a large amount of the New Testament. Paul dedicated his life for Christ and went through all kinds of suffering yet encouraged the church all the while; even up until he was martyred.
How can I live like Paul and become as radical as him in Christ? Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9:19 “For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more”. For me to become an evangelist for Christ I need to first serve God; for “I am free from all men”. Once I am a servant of Christ I need to “become weak, that I might win the weak”.  Another word for the word weak is strength less. We need to be strength less in our own desires, mind and will in order for us to serve Christ and, in turn, serve others. We need to be strength less and not stubborn in our walk with Christ and from this we become desire less to our will; because it is God’s will. I need to serve men however they want me to and “become all things to all men” because through this “I might by all things save some”.

To  become weak in my own desires and “become all things to all men”, I am going to help whenever I hear that someone needs it and then praise God for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment