Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Contentment in the Chaos

1 Timothy 6:6-8
“Now Godliness and contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content” (NKJV)

“Yet true Godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content” (NLT)

We all believe that when we are in need, God provides. Why is it then that we are so uneasy, stressed and worried when we know that God provides? Even in times of temptation Jesus says that there is no temptation that God would allow that is too great to handle. I have had many times when I have been stressed. At one point in time I was working half time, school full time, was taking the SAT, was preparing for Ignite and was a part of another school’s band. I was so stressed at times that I would exercise, write down a to-do list and work as hard as I could to get my mind off all I had to do. Many nights I would lie awake because I couldn’t ease my mind with how much I had to do the next day. I now understand that I could not have done any of it without Gods help and am very grateful for Him helping me in my time of need even though I didn’t ask or thank Him.
I have always been blessed with having food, water, clothing and much more. I had a loving family, had many privileges and was reading my devotionals every day; but I still wasn’t content. To be content with God is a difficult attribute to obtain and can only be received when one fully understands contentment and prays to God. When we find contentment with God, we are at peace that “surpasses all understanding”. So even if we don’t have food or water, we should still be content in God; for we know God is Sovereign and has everything planned out for “the good of those who love Him”.

To strive to be content in God, I am going to write down a list of 5 worries I have had and how God has helped me through them. This will help me because when I become worried and stressed, I can remind myself of how I can be content with God because He can handle it even when I can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment