Saturday, March 31, 2018

Worry


“For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified”
Hebrew 10:14 (NKJV)

Christ has come into this world, died and rose again for the sanctification of us from our sins. We all, as Christians, know this and believe this, but how much do we believe this? When I read this passage, one thing that stood out to me was the words “perfected forever”. No matter how mature we are in our walks, we all “mess up” and sin. If we are honest we will all also admit that we have put things into our own hands instead of asking God for His direction and following it. I know that I have personally worried about my sins and how I have not asked for forgiveness for all of them. Now don’t get me wrong, when I sin I ask for forgiveness, so I wasn’t worried about that. I was worried about me forgetting to ask for forgiveness or me needing to, but not knowing it. When I first read this passage, it was like a fresh breath of air; for we don’t have to worry. When we do wrong we should go to them and both repent and forgive, but we don’t need to stress over forgetting because Christ is our Savior. In Bible times, when someone sinned they needed to give a sacrifice to God so they don’t receive punishment.  They continued to try to sanctify themselves and become “even with God” just as I was trying to do with forgiveness. But Christ is our Savior and we don’t need to worry about self sanctification because He has already “perfected (us) forever”.

I am going to try to apply this by writing down 3 times that I have worried over forgiveness and then I am going to write down that Christ our Savior has perfected us 3 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment