Saturday, March 31, 2018

Resting in God


“I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustained me”
Psalm 3:5 (NKJV)

The Lord is our fortress and protects us. A fortress is meant to keep out the enemy and block the enemies’ attempts to destroy. When I think of David, I think of a man on the run from King Saul. God did not want David to kill King Saul, so David was always hiding and looking for shelter. Yet David, despite his circumstances, was able to rest and be sustained.
Before Ignite, I thought of myself as a “go with the flow “ type of guy. I soon realized that this was a false impression that I had of myself. I realized that I thought that because I really wanted to be that. I was a worrier at heart. While I was going to school, all I could think about at night was what I had to do and how it could wrong. It also didn’t help that I was a procrastinator. I would think, how can I fit in this homework into my schedule? But the entire time I would worry and get anxiety because of all the possible things that could go wrong. When I think of David, it honestly is hard for me to wrap my head around how David did was able to sleep and didn’t worry.
One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans that I have for you”. God has a plan for us. As I continue to remind myself that God has a plan for my life. All I need to do is live for Him and He will ensure that I live a prosperous life.
This verse challenged me to reside in God’s peace even more as continue to strive towards Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment