Saturday, March 31, 2018

Hearing God


“My voice you shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to you, And I will look up”
Psalm 5:3 (NKJV)

The Lord is always with us, but we don’t always feel like we are in His presence. God is always there and is always listening to us, but we forget to cry to Him.
When I think of American, I think of everybody needing to be somewhere or do something. When I was in my senior year of high school, I desired to follow God. I realized it needed to go from being my parents’ religion to being my personal relationship with God. I’m not saying that I thought of Christianity as my parents’ thing, but I needed to take initiative with my faith. I recognized this, but it didn’t turn into action because I “didn’t have time”. I would have early mornings and late nights, while always feeling behind.
How many people do you think know that they can wait and listen to God? I think that it less than we assume. Even less people know that they can ask, talk to, cry out to and get advice from God. I made the mistake of giving excuses to a God that knows the truth. We can each take the time to listen to God in the mornings, and He will bless us throughout the hours, days and weeks.
I am challenged to wait and listen to God in my morning devotions each and every day. I am going to set aside a time for God to speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment