Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Trusting God under fire

Deuteronomy 3:22

"You must not fear them, for the Lord your God Himself fights for you"
(NKJV)

When I read this, I first think of the song "and if our God is for us, then who can stand against us". We all have God on our side when we put Him as Lord of our lives. This is a truth that all of us know, but is often forgotten. I have had many times where I have been busy, had things that I needed to get done and have had things pop up that overwhelms and consumes me. I am reading through the Psalms of David right now and I read time and time again him turning to God. I, lately, have been convicted on turning to God matter the situation and depending on God with my everything. In this passage in Deuteronomy, Moses is promised that he should not fear his enemies that he will have to face to enter into the promise land because God is fighting for him. God is not only Moses aid and cheif tacticion, but is also his best warrior. If you were a king going into battle, would you listen to the advice of your best ally, the best strategist and your top warriors before you enter into the fight? I believe that we are all guilty of ignoring the council of our best before we go into battle and even when we are in battle, but we mustn't. God will protect us, grant us prosperity and lead us to victory; for even though it may seem that He is guiding us to the path of defeat, He is really guiding us toward the path of true victory in the war.
I am going to remember this by writing down a time that I was in one of my worst battles and how God led me to victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment