Sunday, October 15, 2017

Luke 2:46

“Three days later they finally discovered Him in the Temple, sitting among the religious teachers, listening to them and asking questions” (NLT)

Jesus’s parents at this time were looking for their twelve year old son for three days before they finally found Him. When they found Him, Mary said “son… why have You done this to us? Your father and I have been frantic, searching for you everywhere”. I know personally I have searched for Christ frantically, looking for Him both high and low. I would speed read through the Bible, pray desperately and seek for Him. I would have temptations and enemies come my way, and I would cry out to God “where are You”. I can imagine Mary and Joseph being desperate as they comb through the crowds for their son; the Son of God that they have been entrusted to protect; but just as Jesus’s parents found Him, so we will find God if we are willing to seek. Think of it this way, if you were playing a game of “hide-and-seek” and the hider told you where he was, gave you a map showing how to get there and left a helper to guide you, would you give up? No one would because everyone knows how to find the hider. Many would argue that at this point the hider isn’t hiding, but rather is waiting for the seeker to pursue and discover him. For so many believe this is the case in their Christian walk. Once they have been born again in Christ, then they begin our game of “hide-and-seek”. Now there are many holes within this analogy, but the theme is true; God is waiting for us to seek Him. As we seek God, through being a student of the Word and a servant for Christ, He shows us the Way.


I am going to apply this passage to my life by seeking Christ through reading His Word and writing out five things that He has revealed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment