Sunday, October 22, 2017

Restoration

Psalm 6:1-3

Psalms 6 begins with David pleading to God for compassion and grace from the punishment that he deserves. When I read this I thought of all the things that made God angry and who made Him angry. I looked at David, the Israelites, past kings and many more people who have provoked God's anger and all I could think to myself is how many times I have done those same things. I think of all the people that have lied, disobeyed and turned away from God and all the punishments that they received I deserve. For many of them, especially in the Old Testament, they received harsh but just punishment, and I deserve those punishments. Psalms 6:3 says "I am sick at heart", which is exactly how I felt. Many times in my life I have felt like someone who is just wearing a mask; someone who everyone sees one way but really is someone else. We live in cursed bodies on a cursed earth and we, ourselves, are undeserving of God and of reward, but Christ has rescued us from what we brought upon ourselves. He has purified us and restored us so we are worthy, through Christ, to live with God for eternity. I have been convicted by this and am going to apply this by asking Christ the next three days for restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment