Sunday, October 15, 2017

Purification

2 Timothy 2:2

“And the things you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also” (NKJV)

Since I have been a part of the IGNITE program I have learned so much. I am leaving this week from the training segment in Guatemala and am going to be leaving for the mission segment in Uganda in a couple of weeks. God has shown me many things, but as He has shown me things He has revealed many things to others. Whether it is through His Scripture, through prayer, through worship or through others Christ is continuously teaching and we are all continuously learning; but as we learn we are commanded to help others. Many times what God is showing you He is teaching others. Sometimes God is showing you what someone needs to hear and other times God is speaking and discipling you personally. Either way, God has entrusted us with the “Secrets of Heaven” and we need to honor His teachings by sharing them. We need to be “faithful men”; proving our faithfulness by coming alongside other believers and encouraging them. If we share what God is revealing to us, then we are praising God and improving faith; our faith, others faith or both of our faiths. Now when we are called to teach others we need to make sure that we are teaching Christ and are teaching through Christ. When we share God’s pure truth we can’t use our cursed bodies, full of deception and evil, to proclaim truth; for it will only pervert it. We need to share God’s pure truth by relying on the Spirit to both purify us as we proclaim God and purify the message we teach, so that the message will include none of us and only God.


I am going to make sure that my discipleship and advice is pure and true by praying for God to fill and use me before I teach others God’s message.

No comments:

Post a Comment