Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Crying out Even During the Dry Seasons

Mark 10:47-49

 “And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, ‘Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!’ Then many warned him to be quiet; but he cried out all the more, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me!’ So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be called. Then they called the blind man, saying to him, ‘Be of good cheer. Rise, He is calling you.” (NKJV)

Jesus was a popular guy. By this time, Jesus had a large following everywhere He went. Jesus’ following was so big, that everyone was gathered in the city with their wounded before He even arrived.
 Now imagine what it would like to be a blind beggar. All you do every day is ask for money and say thank you when you hear a coin land into your cup. You don’t see anyone; you don’t know how they act. All you know is from what is said. I can’t image what life would be like.
But this day a blind man, named Bartimaeus, hears that Jesus has come into town. He screams out “Son of David, have mercy on me!” There is no result, so he says it again and again, only to be shushed by the crowd.
I know I am not the only one that has needed God because of trials and my faith has dwindled. I have called out to Him in desperation, but I have been shushed both by others and by Satan. I then have called out again and have been shushed a second time. I hate to admit it, but I have given up because I haven’t felt Jesus. I have cried out, and felt like there is no effect. Now I wish I had faith like this; unstoppable.
We need to faith in God that, no matter the circumstances, no matter how many times we are shushed that we continue to persevere and continue to pray to God, like Job. Job went through all kinds of persecution and continued to turn to God until God saved him.

I am going to apply this verse by writing down a passage that will continue to propel during my trials. I am going to find a verse in the next week that will encourage me to cry out to God, no matter how many times I am shushed and will have Julio as accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment