Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Faith that God is Proud of

Matthew 8:9-10

 “For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go’, and he goes; and to another ‘come’, and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this’ and he does it. When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, ‘Assuredly I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!” (NKJV)

What would it be like for Jesus to marvel at you? Man, if Jesus marveled at me I would feel amazed and so happy. What is the definition of marvel? To marvel means to be filled with wonder or astonishment. If Jesus, the God of the universe, was filled with wonder because of my faith I would feel so much pride. God, being astonished because of my faith! The next sentence says that there is no greater faith in all of Israel. Wow! So how did the centurion react to this complement of his faith? Sadly, we do not know. All the Scripture says is that the centurion went back home and found his servant healed. But just imagine how much faith the centurion had?
What did the centurion say to wow God? He starts by saying “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof”. When I read this I realize that this is true. We are not worthy to have God underneath our roves of our homes or even in the shelter of our hearts. I am not worthy of God. We are not worthy of God, yet God loves us and makes us whole. The centurion then makes a statement that shows how admirable his faith is in God. He says “only speak a word, and my servant will be healed”.
I truly wish I had a faith like that. This centurion, a member of the Roman army, had so much faith that he knew that God was going to heal his servant. He didn’t need proof and didn’t need immediate satisfaction, for he knew that God was going to do it because God is faithful.

Application

I am going to write down a prayer about God increasing my faith and show it to my roommate  for accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment