Wednesday, July 26, 2017

A Prayer for Faith

Hebrews 11:6
“And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe” that God exists and that He is a rewarder of those who sincerely seek Him. (NLT)

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is,” and that He is a rewarded of those who diligently seek Him. (NKJV)

Lord, so many times I haven’t strived to please You. When I look at my life, I see that I strived for selfish ambitions time and time again. I liked the ideas of love and servanthood, but I didn’t apply them. I would talk about them like I was living out Christ, when really I was just wearing a mask. Not a mask in the sense that I was pretending to enjoy them, but in the sense that I was pretending to apply servanthood and love solely to please God. Even when I did serve and it was in Your name, I felt good afterwards and thought “man, I did a good job”.
Now why do I bring this up, God? It is because I have done things, been proud of them, and then have not been blessed of it or appreciated. It is hard to do actions and not be recognized or noticed. I wouldn’t be surprised if that is the reason why I started pretending and stopped living out Your love and servanthood. I wasn’t pleasing You  because I didn’t have faith in you. I didn’t want to depend on Your works because I thought it was easier for me to do them on my own.
Hebrews 11:6 says “Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He is a rewarder of those who sincerely seek Him”. I know that you exist, God, and I know that You reward unconditionally to those who love you. My issue is that I am not striving to please God. I believe that in order to please God, I need to have faith that He can do it and I just need to scoot over to the passenger seat.
Application
I am going to write every day, for the next 3 days, 3 things I need to give to God and allow Him to steer in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment