Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Gaining a Foundation of Wisdom

Psalm 111:10

 “The fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Praise Him forever!” (NKJV)

When you want to gain wisdom, how would you? Would read the Bible? Listen to a sermon? I personally would go to God directly, through prayer, and ask for wisdom. Now prayer is the best way to help you through many things, but why isn’t it the way to gain wisdom?
Before you build a tower and become a giant of faith, you need a strong foundation. If you don’t have a strong foundation, you cannot stand. This reminds me of the parable of a man who builds his house on the sand. Although it can be way faster and easier, it is not a solid foundation and won’t stand. But the man that builds his house on the rock, the solid foundation, can build up and become a beacon of faith.
Now why do I say this? I say this because Psalm 111:10 says “The fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom”. Yes, prayer and “obey(ing) his commandments will grow… wisdom” but you need a foundation before you can grow.
Now that I know how to get wisdom (by fearing God), I can become wise; but wait! What is fearing God? Fearing God is being afraid of His power, but is also being in reverence of Him and being in awe. In order to be in reverence and in awe, you need to honor them and admire their power. You need to trust and love them.
I want to have this strong foundation, that way I can deepen my faith in God. In order to do that, I am going to write down 5 reasons why I need to fear God for the next 3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment