Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Blindly trusting to expand our faith

Hebrews 11:1

“Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see” (NLT)
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen” (NKJV)

Faith is an admirable attribute. Faith for me is blindly trusting someone or something without knowing them or their plans. So many times I have not trusted someone because I do not have faith in them. I put my faith in someone who first has proven to me that they are worthy of my faith, but the bible says here that “Faith is the substance of hope”. Faith is not earned, it is entrusted.
I have hope in God because I know that He is a perfect and caring God. But even though I have hope in Him, I do not always have strong faith in Him. I do not want my faith to be just a word, but an action. I said that “Faith for me is blindly trusting someone or something without knowing them or their plans”, but that is not true for my faith in God. I know that God has the best plan for me that I could ever desire. I am not blindly trusting God, for I know who God is and He has been there for me time and time again.
Application

 I do not want my faith to just be “yeah, I have faith”; I want to live out my faith in God as Abraham did when he left his country and home to go to an unknown country for God. Abraham left what he knew (his family, friends, home and life) to go into the unknown, not caring about the potential harm because he had faith in God. I am going to pray to give all my worries about my future to God because I know that He is faithful and I have put my trust in Him. I will pray every day this week to give my worries to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment