Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Worthlessness Compared to Infinitude

Philippians 3:8

“Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ” (NLT)

When I read Scripture like this all I can say is “Amen”. Everything on this earth is temporary and is worthless when compared with God’s infinitude and His grace in allowing us to partake in eternity with Him. We need to cast every desire aside to follow Christ and be willing to cast aside anything we “have” on this earth to follow Him. We are all called to be disciples of Christ; which means we need to play “follow the leader” with Him. We need to walk where He walks and do what He does; so we need to be willing to go where He directs and act in boldness with the things He tells us through the Spirit.
I believe that this is very true, as do many Christians, but I don’t always act with this in mind. I have had the Holy Spirit tell me what God wants me to do, but I chose not to do it because I wanted to keep my pride. Other times I have refused to do what God is telling me because I am not willing to give it up. If only I took a step back before I refused Him and thought to myself “Is this worth hurting my relationship with Jesus Christ; the One who gave His everything for me”. I need to count everything as temporary and be willing to get rid of anything and everything so that way I can gain Christ.

To put into practice counting all worthless when compared with God’s infinitude, I am going to dwell on the temporary versus God’s everlastingness in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment